As healthcare costs continue to rise, hospital CIOs are wondering where the supposed IT productivity gains are going. In many cases, software contributes to those rising costs. Studies (like these) found that physicians spend nearly 50% of their time working on clerical tasks.
…as long as you embrace change management, map your services, federate your CMDB, embrace event management, manage applications, measure everything, and onboard everyone who goes near an application.
It can be. With the right planning and some direction you can change your ServiceNow instance from ticket scrap heap to IT visibility hub.
Read the guide and learn how to:
- Stack the odds of a successful implementation in your favor
- Establish critical success factors (CSFs)
- Ask the right questions of your implementation partner
- Spot causes of failure, and how to prevent them
- Achieve cultural buy-in with a change advisory board (CAB)
- Move your agenda forward by identifying and leveraging in-house subject matter experts
- Align operational and IT objectives through change management and CMDB
- Accelerate change management in hospital environments with real-world examples
Here's a peek at what's inside:
Quantifying Your Instance
Your first action item, whether implementing ServiceNow for the first time or going back to the drawing board, is to turn to your IT management teams, the people that would normally occupy the CAB (change advisory board). Share your critical success factors (CSFs) with them. If they can’t report on CSF status, or can’t measure it, that’s fine.
At this stage, you’re figuring out what you need to know. There might be success factors that you can’t measure. Your legacy tool might not enable you to measure what you need. If you can’t get data, don’t worry. It only identifies a gap.
For example, if one CSF is to reduce the time from incident open to close, I would:
- Measure the baseline metric of mean time to resolution (MTTR)
- Create a dashboard with enterprise-wide MTTR averages
- Break those down by assignment groups to discover who takes longer to resolve incidents
- Focus on the groups that are understaffed or undereducated
- Employ new procedures, increase staffing, or provide education
- Measure the new MTTR compared to the baseline
- You might even have to baseline your project down to a dollar figure.
Read the new ServiceNow guide to help you through planning decisions, strengthen your change management agenda, or to reprioritize.
Because when you plan for months, and reallocate your IT budget around a new ITSM cloud system - it better work.